Monday 15 November 2010

30 day paleo challenge....day 6

Delicious grass fed steak, sausages broccoli and courgettes for Lunch!

Back to work today after having a week off so it was the first challenge for me in terms if preparing food before I went. For lunch I had the food on the right (and breakfast incidentally).

Still feeling good although was very tired this afternoon. Last night I did not sleep well at all and was up a few times and I could feel it today. The last week I have been getting up naturally when I felt like it and I really felt the benefits.

I spoke to a friend of mine today who has just done Charles Poliquin's Biosignature course. If you don't know about this, it's a fascinating health analysis based on hormones and magic (Ok not magic :-)). According to Charlie he can tell based upon where you store your body fat is an indication of your hormonal profile. It is a combination of diet, exercise, a targeted supplementation program, and lifestyle modifications.
What is interesting is that this is almost identical to the words of Robb Wolf in the Paleo Solution (and is why I am doing this Paleo Challenge). I am interested to know if my results correlate with his so we will see!

Oh and what ever you do, never eat fish oil that has gone past its expiry date! I was eating mine thinking the vile taste was normal but then I realised that it had expired 5 months ago... BeJesus! I only realised it was so bad when I bought some fresh stuff and it tasted OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment