Wednesday 17 November 2010

30 day paleo challenge....day 7

Firmer?

Hmmmm there are some visual signs that my belly is getting firmer, unless it is purely the power of positive thought*

*and strategic bathroom lighting perhaps :-)

Being honest, this is the longest I have EVER been without gluten, dairy legumes or grains. Although my diet has been pretty good before it has never been clean enough to test this theory. I believe that because it is only for 30 days it is a tangible time frame. I consider that if you attempt to implement these changes "forever" than you are doomed to failure.



Like a crack addict I was overcome by temptation yesterday and had a double espresso (it really bugs me when people call it eXpresso) in the afternoon. Felt good though and didn't feel guilty after having it. I know coffee isn't exactly forbidden but I have still been a good boy and not had them.

I just bought the Now Foods powdered magnesium. I understand from various sources that magnesium supplementation before bed can really improve your sleep. I expect this today and will let you know how it goes and if it works.

I did my first full strength training programme yesterday for a while. Strength training is undoubtedly the most neglected part of my training- well its actually all neglected- but probably the most important for me.

Off into Manchester today so this will be another test of my outdoor hunting skills. One piece of advice I have found quite useful is that when you go into restaurants is to say to them that if you give me gluten it will kill me. Firstly, just for the look on their faces and secondly, this makes them really be careful about what they do with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment