Sunday 31 May 2009

Dark side (effects) of eating....


Well I am still feeling the effects of the "dark side" of food so I thought I would list some of the side effects.

1) Anxiety- I felt a sort of nervousness throughout the day yesterday. I noticed I was biting my nails a lot and just felt weird. I also needed to sleep in the afternoon, something I used to do a long time ago but not since changing my diet.

2) Low exercise tolerance- I did some body weight circuits yesterday and boy were they HARD. It took a lot to get going and I ached and creaked. Once I got going I felt OK but it felt like my muscles were unable to process energy. Oh yes, and afterwards during my recovery, I hit rock bottom and my body ached and ached oh my GOD!

3) Mental agility of a cabbage- I didn't exactly feel like the brain of Britain. Nuff said.

4) Hideous cravings- It has been very difficult to fast yesterday (I normally fast daily until the evening). My body just needed nourishment and I expect that the Insulin levels are still very high in my body and are not allowing the energy to be released.

One of the things I have loved about the Warrior diet lifestyle has been the amazing feeling I have throughout the day. The weight loss factor has now almost become a side issue. Having eaten like I did the other day I really appreciate my health and well being.

I also feel sympathy with people changing there diets after a lifetime of eating like I did for ONE EVENING! I am struggling and all I can think about is a lovely McDonald's breakfast....

Dammit.

I wont be doing this again in a hurry.

2 comments:

  1. This first thing I notice when I omit processed carbs is not wanting a nap. Very enlightening post. Hope you mcDonald's cravings go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Boudica.

    I am much better now thanks. Its starting to pass.

    ReplyDelete